Feb 22 Update: Agenda and speakers added! Scroll down for more. Over 100 people have registered already; get your tickets today.
Social Enterprise Toronto is proud to host its second Social Enterprise Toronto Conference 2016 on March 10, 2016 at the Learning Enrichment Foundation. The conference will bring together the social enterprise community and stakeholders for a vibrant dialogue and interactive workshops. We’re also bringing back the ever-popular bus tour (on March 9; tour stops and more details below) and social enterprise marketplace.
The theme of this year’s conference is Communities driving social enterprise – exploring how best to support the growth of social enterprises through strong local networks, and in turn leverage the power of social enterprise to create employment and build community resilience.
The social enterprise sector is also looking for ways to collaborate more effectively and engage in productive dialogue with government. The conference will explore how a network approach can support growth and help address the challenges faced by social enterprises.
The conference will feature an opening plenary discussion with Gerry Higgins (Community Enterprise in Scotland) and Yvonne Strachan (Scotland government), moderated by Deborah Grant (Learning Enrichment Foundation.)
The conference will also feature the launch of a report on the social enterprise sector, commissioned by the Metcalf Foundation, as well as a presentation on the work of the Social Procurement Project.
Conference attendees will take part in activities and breakout sessions to explore specific themes including:
- Starting a Social Enterprise
- Access to Finance
- The Art of Storytelling for Impact
- Supportive Policy for Social Enterprise
- Leveraging Resources Effectively
- Sales & Business Development (new)
- Exploring Social Intrapreneurship (new)
The conference will close with a conversation about the role that social enterprises can play in building prosperity and community resilience. Then, stick around for a fun conference mixer to continue networking with your peers and other leaders in the social enterprise sector!
Speakers & Presenters
Social enterprises who are interested in selling or displaying their products at the conference will have an opportunity to participate in the Conference Marketplace. Display tables can be rented for $30. Enterprises participating in the marketplace will be featured in the conference program.
The Social Enterprise Marketplace is proudly sponsored by Alterna Savings & Credit Union.
The Social Enterprise Bus Tour takes place the day before the conference and will take participants to visit five social enterprises in Toronto. Tour stops will include Furniture Bank, Out of This World Cafe, Free Geek Toronto, Inspirations Studio and LOFT Kitchen. Breakfast or lunch will not be provided, but participants can buy lunch from Out of This World Cafe at noon and snacks from LOFT Kitchen in the afternoon.
Bus Tour Map
Pick-up Location and Instructions for the Bus Tour on Wednesday, March 9th
- Report to the Coach bus at 8:45am at 120 Subway Crescent (in Kipling Station’s North Parking Lot). We will have also a bus tour sign. The bus will be departing at 9am and returning for 4:30pm.
- You must register online in advance. You may pay by cheque on the day of the tour.
- Please note that lunch will not be provided, but you will be given time to eat at Out of This World Café.
What are my transport/parking options getting to the event?
Please visit the LEF website for detailed directions to 116 Industry Street. Parking will be available in the LEF parking lot – we encourage attendees to consider carpooling as space is limited.
Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
- If you are interested in sponsoring Social Enterprise Toronto Conference 2016, please take a look at this Sponsor Package [pdf] and Recognition information [pdf]. Then contact Nabeel at email@example.com.
- If you are interested in volunteer opportunities, please contact Melinda Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org.